Sunday, February 3, 2008

DEN Virtual Conference Feb 2nd, 2008

Yesterday, I had the pleasure of attending the Discovery Educator Virtual Conference at Discovery Headquaters in Silver Springs, MD.

I learned so many new things from our presenters that I decided to create a blog for myself to document everything I've learned.

Also,I was great to see Katie Knapp and Annie Gilstrip, my former colleagues from Virginia Beach. Oh how I miss my colleagues from the Beach. :-(

Our first Key Note was Lance Rougeux. His presenation titled "Lost in Translation" can be found here on the discovery blog.

I've also embedded it from slideshare.net below: (by the way, I learned that copying and pasting these codes in from You Tube, Teacher Tube, Slide Share etc. actually has a name. They are called "Widgits" - who new? Well- Lance did ...actually)

The whole conference should be available in the webinar archives soon, or here on Discovery's Blog

Here are the new and exciting resources that I learned about at the conference:
I also learned about many new blogs that I should keep up with to stay on top of new trends in the ed tech field. If any of you have Google accounts, I can share these with you through Google Reader.

Ed Tech Blogs:

http://www.bethknittle.net/WP_Blog/
Media Matters - Hall Davidson
The DEN in Second Life
Teach42 by Steve Dembo
The View from My Window- Alice Barr
Cliotech - Jennifer Dorman
Kathy's Shrock's Kaffeeklatsch
Daniel Goleman's Blog (creator of emotional and now social intelligences)

Books to read:
"A Whole New Mind" Daniel Pink
Lauren Myracle:
"ttyl", "ttfn" and many more.

Thanks so much to the Virginia Den Leadership Council for hosting this event!
http://blog.discoveryeducation.com/virginia

No comments: